1. Why should I have my horse Inspected
-You receive an assessment of your horse from world-class judges, who are happy to discuss strengths and
challenges in your horse’s conformation as well as breeding strategies.
-Only approved horses are called “Class1” or “IDSH”; this designation is recognized worldwide.
-At the inspection, you get to meet a number of your fellow Irish Draught enthusiasts!
2. What is the cost for Inspection?
$150 Geldings (at least 3 years old)
$300 Mares (at least 3 years old)
$580 Stallions (at least 3 years old)
3. What is my cost if I need to register my horse as well
Inspection fee plus Registration fee ( If DNA for either sire or dam is not available, there may be extra costs ) Registration page
4. What is the cost if I want my horse inspected but I am not a member of the society and my horse is not registered with the society
In addition to paying for inspection and registration of your horse, you will need to also pay a membership fee click here for the membership page
5. I am American and I want to bring a horse to one of your inspections in Canada.
Please get in touch with the Inspections Coordinator.